Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Work meetings
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Work meetings

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
jennybean (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Work meetings 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
It is an integral part of my job to sit in meetings and take minutes. I absolutely hate them because first I don't know anything about what is being discussed and second ( and most importantly) I get major anxiety. I don't know what it is. I hate being sedentary. I am a go, go, go sort of person. I also hate being in small rooms. I am also bored out of my skull because the topics and discussions are totally Greek to me..

The meetings only last an hour but it seems like eternity. Every single meeting I go to, I have anxiety attacks. To handle them I fIdget, pull my hair in and out of a pony tail, breath deep and try to write down as much as I can just to keep my mind busy. However, there are some meetings where it is like something has taken over my body and I have the urge to run out the door. By the grace of God I somehow can snap into reality real quick and stay in my seat with my palms sweating and heart racing.

I told my husband that when the day comes when I have to excuse myself because I am having a panic attack, that is it. I will never be able to attend another meeting again. Thus, losing my job.

I posted this just to get it out on paper. I am not looking for advice but if someone has a similar story I would love to hear it and how you deal with this..

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Irish (User)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Work meetings 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
If you have a psychiatrist that you're dealing with, tell him or her exactly what you said here and maybe a .5mg of xanax can be prescribed for you for at least these meetings so you can keep your job. Even if you don't use it, there is security in knowing that it's on your person. It's effect is immediate so is the relief. This is what I did in the past and it worked for me. There has to be something besides you to relieve the anxiety which can lead to the panic attack. Take care...Ed

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017