Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Why is this happening?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Why is this happening?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Homerr (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Why is this happening? 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
This is my first time in any type of depression or anxiety forum. It seems that for once in my life I have everything going right for me. I have great friends, I'm a semester away from graduating after being a year on the Dean's List, I have a great family, nice house, a girl in my life and yet there is this huge emptiness that seems to just suck all the joy from me.

I'm more anxious then I've been since high school (man, I'm glad that's over..), and I just don't understand why all this is happening when everything is going right. I've had years in my life where everything was going quite the opposite and my anxiety/depression levels weren't near what they are now. I'm starting to distance myself from my more outgoing friends and people in my life are starting to notice that I don't go out and 'act like I used to'. I dunno what's wrong with me or why this is happening now. Not sure how these forums work, and hello to everyone! but yeah...Any ideas?

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Re:Why is this happening? 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi and welcome to PS!

I don't know the "why" but I do know that it happened like this for me too.

When things were going right would be when I'd get the most anxious.

Perhaps its because I didn't trust it when things were going right. It was too unfamiliar.

Or maybe I just didn't think I deserved things to be so good.

Whatever it was, it fed the anxiety.

You might consider getting some counseling. If you do, you may actually nip this thing in the bud.

Talk to someone who is trained, who can help you trace the root of your feelings of emptiness. It shouldn't take that long, and it doesn't sound as if you'd even need meds. Perhaps upping your exercise routine, watching your diet and staying away from gross fast food, and getting some counseling to go through this major life transition would take care of it.

For many of us in the beginning phases of Panic & Anxiety there is a crisis of confidence. And we need help with this.

I have three daughters who are 21, 22 and 24. As the two that have graduated from college approached that time they also experienced a sense of depression and fear and panic. They were also confused because they were "supposed" to be so happy.

So, I think what you're feeling is far more normal than you realize, and the counselors at your school (where it will probably be free) are there to help you through it.

In the meantime, if you want to look around here you'll find lots of folks who understand your feelings!

Take care - and good luck,

Ceejay

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Homerr (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Thanks for the reply. I suppose that it is odd that things are working out, but I just finished my last final today and man, I didn't realize how stressed I was until this semester ended. Sometimes I wonder how I can go through life if school gives me this much panic and anxiety. I've been through jail, people getting really hurt in front of me, and it's like, the 'normal' things in life seem to freak me out more... I can't figure out why I never had panic attacks in jail...

I can sympathize with what your daughters are going through. With this horrible economy and job market, it's hard to be optimistic about graduating into this corporate world. I love my business classes, but I usually throw up before each speech. I hear that's normal, but I dunno how I can continue like this. Its hard to talk to the random support staff at my school. I really have a problem even doing the online thing, this is my second entry ever... I just hate admitting I have a weakness. I hate being weak. :\

Logged Logged

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
Hi, Homer,
Welcome to panic survivor! Sometimes we are so used to living with stress and anxiety that we don't even realize it. That's the way it was for me. I never realized how uptight I was until I began to fall apart. After being diagnosed with panic disorder, I had to readjust my negative pattern of thinking. It didn't happen overnight. It was a process for me, and I received help by taking a mild sedative, doing counseling, and learning how to loosen control and trust God more. I haven't had a panic attack in 4 years, but I still experience anxiety when under stress. Life is stressful but there are ways to cope and make it through. I know I am improving because I don't spiral down any longer when times get tough. I spiral up! (Praise God!)

Logged Logged

Pukeachu (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Why is this happening? 7 Years, 1 Month ago  
Homerr wrote:
This is my first time in any type of depression or anxiety forum. It seems that for once in my life I have everything going right for me. I have great friends, I'm a semester away from graduating after being a year on the Dean's List, I have a great family, nice house, a girl in my life and yet there is this huge emptiness that seems to just suck all the joy from me.

I'm more anxious then I've been since high school (man, I'm glad that's over..), and I just don't understand why all this is happening when everything is going right. I've had years in my life where everything was going quite the opposite and my anxiety/depression levels weren't near what they are now. I'm starting to distance myself from my more outgoing friends and people in my life are starting to notice that I don't go out and 'act like I used to'. I dunno what's wrong with me or why this is happening now. Not sure how these forums work, and hello to everyone! but yeah...Any ideas?

Echoing Epicetus, the Zen Masters, and CBT, don't dwell too much on the WHY just yet. Focus instead on documenting your daily thoughts and emotions(pen&paper; mental only=Failure)as they occur, then contemplating more actuality-based&positive ways in which these things can viewed. Bliss will likely be less than instantaneous, and much dedication and temporary discomfort on your part will be required, but the benefits are worth it

P.S.-Grab for a more comprehensive treatment:
www.amazon.com/When-Panic-Attacks-Drug-F...nxiety/dp/0767920716

Logged Logged

JeremyR (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Why is this happening? 7 Years, 1 Month ago  
Well, the "why" is often a pretty complicated question and there may may a number of different factors at work. Personal stressors, social stressors, global stressors, personal predispositions, cognitive distortions, existential concerns, etc. can all be a part of it. I echo the suggestion to get counseling from someone who is experienced in dealing with panic and anxiety if that is possible. It has helped me a lot with figuring out the underlying causes of my problems.

-Jeremy

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017