Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Lonely

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Lonely 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Having panic attacks brought my social anxiety out of the closet. I thought I had beaten my fear of people after becoming a teacher, but there it was, rearing itself up like a giant in my mind after my first two panic attacks. I lost my job and stopped going to any social function. I stayed away from church for two years because I was afraid of what people might think if I had a panic attack. After those two years, I was afraid what people might think of me if I came after being absent for so long.

The hardest thing for me to do was go to an in-depth Bible study while I was still experiencing panic attacks, but I did it. I discovered that night that none of the negative scenarios I had imagined came to pass. People didn't stare at me, no one said anything unkind to me, and I didn't run out of the room with my hands to my head.

When I stopped believing the lies my thoughts were telling me and focused on what God had to say to me through that Bible study, I was able to go back to Sunday School and church and everywhere else I needed to go. At the end of another Bible study, I stood in front of a gym filled with 50+ women and shared how God was restoring me. I never would have thought that I would ever have had the courage to do that.

If you can get victory over your thoughts, you can get some victory into your life.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
gtonya (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Lonely 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
I know exactly what you are experiencing, because I live that same life. I was always shy, but with some initiative by others to get to know me, I opened up to them just fine and formed meaningful relationships. The past few years, though, I feel like I'm folding in on myself. I've lost some friendships and at this point my only confidant is my boyfriend. I recently moved to a new town to attend graduate school for social work (which is funny because I have social phobia and panic in social situations). I avoid being around other people and I spend most of the day alone. It never bothered me to the extent that it does now. I just want a real friend. I am angry at myself for being inept at this, like why can't I just suck it up and talk to people? Why is it so hard for me now? I too, will sometimes pick fights with my boyfriend when he wants to hang out with friends because I am envious of his ability to feel comfortable around other people. I have become completely dependent on my boyfriend for all my social interaction. It's gotten so bad that I'm uncomfortable being around my own family now. I get anxious during holidays and sometimes I have to have liquid encouragement to talk to people I have known my whole life! I definitely need to seek help for this because it is sucking the life out of me. It's comforting to see that other people feel this way and what they have done to help themselves out.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Irish (User)
graphgraph
Re:Lonely 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Anxiety disorder which is what we all have affects the social life to the negative for every single person on this site. It's not easy putting on a smiling face and carrying on a conversation when a monster inside of you is fighting for control. Don't blame yourself, rather look for ways that work for you to reduce your anxiety levels. It will make you feel better and then be more socialble. Take care.....Ed

Logged Logged

ddub (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Lonely 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
Hi,

I know what you mean about just kind of feeling lethargic. Have you considered getting a job where you have to interact with people? Like retail, or sales?

You might make some new friends there or just get an energy charge out of the interactions.

Hope things get better for you.

D

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017