Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
New Findings!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: New Findings!

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
New Findings! 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
There is a preliminary study out that shows that pain felt by social anxiety is actually mitigated by Tylenol!

Evidently the brain processes anxietal pain and bodily pain in the same way ... so it looks like taking a Tylenol can help ease the pain of isolation!

Take a look at the link! jeffwise.wordpress.com/2010/01/05/heartb...a-tylenol-seriously/

I'm sure it's not as simple as all that - but to me it sort of goes along with the whole idea I have been getting of just how connected my THOUGHTS are to my BODILY symptoms!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Irish (User)
graphgraph
Re:New Findings! 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
I just read it and it sounds good. It's definitely very interesting if nothing else. On the social level that humans are at, we need the comfort and contact of others. Not just the talking but the touching as well. We are extremely complicated and the vast majority of our brain workings is in the sub-conscious which explains a lot regarding our illness. (I am almost finished with "Extreme Fear") It is an amazing book. It explains how a panic attack can come out of nowhere as it did with you because of built up stress in the sub-conscious coming to the surface in the cortex and now you know it's there. What a frightening way to be introduced to this illness. I, on the other hand, had about as many as 6 months warning before it surfaced. I cannot figure that out to this day. I just knew something was wrong and I knew I had to see a psychiatrist, but no clue as to what it was or the why of it. Yet, we both have the same illness acquired differently. The tylenol is very interesting to me, because I always popped tylenol tablets since they have been around. I stopped about two years ago when physical pain from torn rotator cuffs and a torn ham-string among other rips and tears caused enough pain to go on hydrocodone which also has a lot of tylenol in it. That's fascinating. Maybe I have been self medicating myself in different ways all my life trying to find relief physically and mentally. You have to do what you have to do if you're a survivor and all of us are. The social contact alone on this site between all of us is big time therapy yet I see many many members drop off and drop off quickly. I don't know why. Maybe it's a patience thing, but the ones who do come back usually have some big time problems with the anxiety disorder possibly bigger than when they first came on the site. I don't know. I'll just keep trying to figure things out like you are and grab all the help I can along the way. Maybe I should write a book. lol.. Take care.....Ed

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
I don't know why people come and go so quickly, Irish. But I figure that while they're here many people find some help.

I have found that, for me, giving back what has helped me keeps me grounded and sane. I don't imagine everyone would feel that way.

But fortunately enough do that our site stays up and running!

Maybe not everyone who comes on here actually has Panic and Anxiety - but at least those who visit here will find out about it!

You take care - and do consider writing that book! Even if it doesn't get published it would most certainly help YOU!

Logged Logged

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Thanks for the link, ceejay. Can't wait for further findings. Would be nice to be able to take a couple tylenol before those scary social gatherings

Logged Logged

ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
I know one thing - keeping it simple works in LOTS of ways ... and this may be just another example!

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Wednesday, 22 November 2017