Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Extreme Self Consciousness
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Extreme Self Consciousness

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
outtheblue (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Extreme Self Consciousness 8 Years ago  
I'm experiencing extreme self consciousness with my own parents,( I blush and have a dazed look, since I'm not paying attention to them , especially when they're asking me a question.). I also can't look at them or concentrate with ease because I start obsessing, thinking "what if I get nervous in front of them"?, and then it happens.. I am wondering if I should actually tell them that I experience this problem with them too., besides people in general. , The worst part is having to do with a family member, since I feel it shouldn't be happening with your own family..I see a therapist, but I'm not getting anywhere with her on this subject...I'd like some advice on whether I should tell my own mother and father about this problem occuring with them..I'm afraid they might be offended if I tell them, since they may think it shouldn't be happening with them!.. I'd love to hear your opinions. .. outtheblue47

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Irish (User)
graphgraph
Re:Extreme Self Consciousness 8 Years ago  
You can tell your parents about how you feel and what's going on just so they know you are telling them you're having a problem. Don't expect them to understand because they won't. That's the way this illness is. Are you taking any meds? What is the therapist telling you that makes you believe you're not getting anywhere? Perhaps you need to make a change in therapists. Know that it's the anxiety disorder causing the problem and nothing else. You need to find ways to tame it down to slow the self consciousness down and all the other the symptoms down. I suggest you read a lot of blogs and stories so you can relate and talk with others who have the same problem and do understand what you're going through. You have to have this illness to understand it or at least be well educated like a psychiatrist to understand it. Why not see a psychiatrist for meds and therapies she or he can suggest. It'll get you on the right path toward recovery. Take care.....Ed

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

lamy12 (User)
graphgraph
Hi outtheblue~

I had the same feelings when I was a teenager and young adult. I was extremely self conscious and felt very nervous if I was the center of attention or had to talk in front of people or perform in any way in front of people. If you feel comfortable talking with your parents I would definitley let them know how you are feeling. That woudl be a great support for you if you feel you can confide in them.

For me, I learned that one of the roots of this anxiety was low self esteem. Maybe you can talk with your therapist and see if you can come up with some ideas as to where these feelings are coming from. Once I began to gain some self esteem and not care so much about how others viewed me, I started to have less anxiety. I learned that it is okay to be myself and different from others. Everyone will never agree with me and/or like me and that is okay. I learned to be pround of myself and ideas and respect others, even if they disagreed with me.

I know how difficulot social anxiety can be. I hope you keep working on it and keep posting!!! You're worth it. hugs, lamy

Logged Logged

meggerpiez (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Go for it! they wont know unless you tell them how you feel. Maybe You can feel better infront of them if they understood the way you felt.

Logged Logged

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
Hi, outtheblue,

The best person to ask about this is your therapist. We don't really know how to answer because we don't know your parents or how close you are to them. I can't imagine your therapist not being able to give you advice in this area. Whatever you decide to do, know that you aren't responsible for how other people feel--as long as you aren't deliberately trying to antagonize or hurt them. I know that when I start trying to anticipate how other people will react to what I say, it puts too much pressure on me and the whole situation blows out of proportion in my mind--which only feeds anxiety.

For me, I pray about things first, make sure my motivations are pure, and then depend on God to give me the words and to make the situation turn out for the best.

Logged Logged

sunshinelady (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Extreme Self Consciousness 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
I think you should tell your parents how you're feeling. That way they know where you stand. You can even say, "Part of me thinks you'll be offended by this, but you have to know this has nothing to do with you"

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017