Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
What has helped you with this?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: What has helped you with this?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
ChristineB (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
What has helped you with this? 9 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hello,

Could you please give me some advice with how you have dealt with this problem, i.e, what medications have you found effective?

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
scooby (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:What has helped you with this? 9 Years, 4 Months ago  
I was prescribed Aropax (Paxil) for panic, but it also made a huge difference to the social anxiety I had struggled with my whole life.

Now that I don't rely on meds so much anymore, CBT has come in very handy. I always remind myself that people are NOT judging me, they are too concerned with how they look or act themselves. And if they are thinking negative things, well so what? - I can be very critical of other people (what they wear/look like etc) as well!

I put myself in the shoes of other people, and in social situations find it fairly easy to approach people and begin a conversation - it's easy if you keep asking them questions - people LOVE to talk about themselves LOL!

I still get nervous around people in "power" - bosses etc, but have learnt that gosh, they are people too. I ask them how THEY are, about their life - at the end of the day, nobody is better than anyone else, not even a president or CEO.

If you have a fear of embarrasing yourself in front of people, imagine the worst thing that could happen.
You might fall down unconscious in a busy shopping centre, with your skirt over your head and your bag of apples spilt all over the floor. So what! People will help, they will not ridicule, and people also have short memories - so will it really matter in five years time - nope.

Hope this helps!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

ChristineB (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Re:What has helped you with this? 9 Years, 4 Months ago  
Thank you for your response. I was too on Paxil for 8 years, and it was great. I went off of it, and then was fine for 8 months, and now all the anxiety etc. has come back even worse. I tried to go back on the Paxil and I had an adverse reaction to it, I guess 20% of people can not go back on the same drug they were on before. I don't know, I seriously think that the SNRI I am on now is making this worse, I just feel out of it all the time, and it makes me more self conscience, which is all I need, lol.

Logged Logged

QuentinR (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:What has helped you with this? 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hi!

You are doing the right thing by asking for advice.

I am (mostly) better from my Social Anxiety now. For me what made the difference was Social Anxiety Anonymous (they are a nonprofit and their services are free). They have (free) and really great telephone conference call support groups for (gently) overcoming social anxiety problems, social phobia, etc.

You don't have to talk in the groups (it's OK to just listen)--

And you can still learn a lot by just listening, because the groups are loaded with helpful tools for dealing with / getting over social anxiety.

Their website is also packed with good articles on recovery from social anxiety.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/04/24 08:36 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
QuentinR.

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
Re:What has helped you with this? 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
Hey, ChristineB,
One of the things that helped me the most with social anxiety is realizing that I am deeply loved by God so I don't have to be afraid of other people. I don't have to worry about making a mistake or of anyone thinking I am less than who I am. I was suddenly freed up to be me when I realized that God loved me--warts and all--and that He was for me and not against me. It was the security I'd been looking for all of my life. It still is.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/04/30 19:36 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
4Him.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017