Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Has my GAD returned? An interesting week...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Has my GAD returned? An interesting week...

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
sugar (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Has my GAD returned? An interesting week... 3 Years ago  
An interesting thing happened last Tuesday. Days before my uni exams (I'm studying part time, working full time) I woke with a slight headache which I
ignored, and which cleared within minutes of getting up, drove to work feeling slightly nauseous, which I ignored and focused on getting to work, and then I
was at work like any other day sitting and talking with a colleague when I stretched and suddenly felt as though I was going to faint. I was instantly dizzy and my sight went a bit funny. Half an hour later I was just as dizzy, felt like I had a tremor with shakes, felt weak and was laying on the floor in
my office (at my colleagues suggestion) with everyone who came by thinking this was a medical emergency. I ended up in the Casualty room at the local hospital
where I was hooked up to fluids, had an ECG (monitored my heart), had bloods taken, my blood pressure taken, and when I could finally stand up and get to the toilet they tested my urine. After spending 3 hours laying on a hospital bed wondering why my dizziness and weakness wasn't clearing, I
was told that the ECG was normal, my bloods had come back perfect, wasn't told anything about the blood pressure so I assume that was okay, and there was
nothing that came up in the urine.

I didn't panic, in fact I was making jokes right through the ordeal (my automatic coping mechanism perhaps?) I didn't feel the stomach tightness and dread of anxiety and didn't feel like I had to escape or flee, I was quite accepting of the whole thing. Afterwards I was tired so I rested and didn't feel
my normal self until 2 days later. My local doctor gave me the rest of the week off and I focused on my looming uni exams which were only days away.

Granted I am in a high stress situation at the moment. Working full time then coming home to study through the night every night and every weekend has taken its toll on me. I don’t feel isolated but I feel worn out and stressed. I have had niggling feelings of anxiety through the year but I just accept then ignore them and they tend to move on without incident.

Back in 2006 or 2007 I had a full blown panic attack in a shopping complex which resulted in a scary couple of years where I was diagnosed with GAD and had to desensitise myself from every social situation you can think of. But that was panic and anxiety, neither of which I have had as severely since then. At the moment I feel as though I am only stressed. Would stress make a person have a significant dizzy spell without any other medical signs? Can anxiety produce symptoms that don’t feel like anxiety? Has my anxiety returned? What I’d love to work out is if it is a psychosomatic response so that I can try and control it and lessen its effect if it were to ever happen again in the future.

Beyond that I'm a health person. I don't drink or smoke or take any medications, and I have no underlying health issues that I know about except my past history of panic and anxiety so any insights would be appreciated.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2014/11/17 13:45 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
tsuki.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
Re:Has my GAD returned? An interesting week... 3 Years ago  
Sounds like your stress is triggering your anxiety to me. My first symptoms were dizziness off and on as well as fatigue. Praying you get out from under your stress soon.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2014/11/17 20:22 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
4Him.

sugar (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Thanks 4Him, I wondered if it were related. I just don't have the usual anxiety symptoms that I recognise, but given my past history with this well it makes sense that the stress is bringing on some form of anxiety. My exams are over now. I sat at the beach yesterday for 2 hours and focussed on relaxing and breathing deliberately and trying to unwind. I'm going to try and be more gentle with myself from now on

Logged Logged

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Hi sugar, good resolution. Stress and anxiety can manifest itself in so many different ways with varied symptoms. I understand what you're going through as I went through the same type of experience when I was at Uni and working. Good luck to you with your exams. Keep being good to yourself . . . hugs

Logged Logged

sugar (User)
Involved Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Has my GAD returned? An interesting week... 2 Years, 12 Months ago  
Thanks Tsuki, I'm trying to be good now it is all over. Started practicing mindful breathing and meditation. Hopefully I'm over the worst for a long time to come.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017