Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Anxiety and Shingles?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Anxiety and Shingles?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
sweetmama (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Anxiety and Shingles? 4 Years, 6 Months ago  
I have had shingles for about a month. The little out real has passed but I still have deep pain inside my body. I have been taking Vicodin and Tylenol as needed after completing the course of antiviral drugs. I have now been on this emotional roller coaster for the past two weeks. I'm ok one minute and sobbing or angry the next. I try to only take the Vicodin when absolutely necessary so most times I am chasing the pain rather than ahead. I have been swamped at work as we gave entered our busy season. I also have a side business doing interior painting which has been the relaxing part...it is very therapeutic for me. My house was hit by lightning and a power surge which destroyed my breaker box, furnace/air conditioning system, and all appliances. My son graduated Friday with open house Saturday. I have family day at church today and painting after.

..........and I just want to cry all the time right now. I absolutely believe this is related to these stupid shingles. I just need advise on how to cope.

I take Celexa and 1mg of Xanax at night before bed. I have found myself adding an extra .5mg of Xanax during the day (just once). Kind of helps, kind of doesn't.

Please pray this passes. I am reaching the point of wanting to spend all spare time under the covers at home. I'm actually hiding in the church bathroom stall, where I have been for about 45 minutes, typing this.

I am super social usually but right now I feel completely controlled by this mess.

Ok. That sentence helped. Wow.

Time to grab this bull by the horns and take back the control. My resolve has been to not let this beat me and I see from my words above that I am letting it do just that. No more.

This year I am BRAVE. Time to get back to life and be exactly that!

Love you all and thanks for letting me ramble and talk myself out of this hole!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Anxiety and Shingles? 4 Years, 6 Months ago  
you are absolutely right
from what I was able to read about relation in between two, your present feeling is result of your momentary illness: shingles.
To tell you that you need to take it easy and quarantine yourself it's easy and simple from my angle and looks like impossible from where your situation is at the given moment.
But, still: that's all I am going to advise you: stay off your feet and try at least to read a book or magazines if there is any light available to help you read.
I'm guessing you'll be busy with your House Insurance company following days. So, try to conserve as much of your inner energy as you can since you'll need it while playing their game: I doubt they'll just jump straight into paying all your loss from lightning.
And, if Xanax is doing you any good these days, use it. You'll be able to go back to your previous dosage, once your many triggers that are overflowing you right now go down to your usual many.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Wednesday, 22 November 2017