Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Give up or keep persisting?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Give up or keep persisting?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Gigglesalc25 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Give up or keep persisting? 4 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi all~I went to the doctor about 4-5 weeks ago...mind you I have not went to the doctor besides for a pregnancy test about 2 years ago and a couple visits that ended up needing to have my gall bladder removed for at least 3 or more years so I don't just go to the doc. all the time. I have never been on meds for my anxiety...at one point they gave them to me lasted about a week and I stopped this was several years ago also. Anyway fast forward back to now...try to make it short...basically i went to the doc because in the last 9 months or so there is a little spot in my neck that when i turn my neck right makes a little pop..no pain with it and i feel a little bulge or something in there i can move around well 2 months or so ago we were all sick and i was looking in my sons throat akward position and it popped this time pain accompanied it. I waited about 4 weeks to go to the doc who said it was a pulled strap muscle~1 week later meds werent helping and i noticed a seperate thing going on with food in my chest...that to has happened a couple times prior to this but never mentioned it...well my doc sent me to ent...gave me prednisone for my neck said it was tendonitis and sent me for a swallow test that showed slight gerd~went back to the doc for meds for that....The pred. made the pain in my neck go away but i could still feel the little knot bulgy thing in there if I checked for it~ The doc didnt feel it at the time...It like buries itself sometimes...anyway after pred. the pain came back..its'a an ache especially weird that i feel that little bulgy bump thing. Yes I am nerved up but I went back to my doc.office to see my doc. Only my 3rd ever visit with her cause the other doc I saw left the building. Told her how I was feeling and all she said was she was going to up my anxiety meds! No tests, nothing. She was very rude to me. I have never felt this way towards a doc. At one point she even pointed to the door and said if I wanted to go somewhere else feel free. I never even went to her for my anxiety but thats all she wanted to talk about at the visits it seemed. She said nothing was wrong with me. I couldnt even finish telling her how i was feeling and she cut me off. I realize I have anxiety issues but I am not crazy, I know what my body feels and I don't come to you with every little thing thats wrong. All I wanted ws a cbc and/or something to look at my neck in that area to make sure we aren't missing something. Am I being unreasonable? How she talked to me I don't even feel like I can ever tell her any of my complaints because I don't feel she wants to hear it. Wow this is so long...and I know I left out things still. I just was trying to put the whole pic out there. My 9 year old daughter even asked to leave the room because she felt uncomfortable on how the doctor was talking to me. Should I give up on finding out more about my neck or be persisteant? It ached last night and at one point a little pain in my ear...I don't like that I feel that little bulgy thing. =(

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Gigglesalc25 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Give up or keep persisting? 4 Years, 10 Months ago  
She said that little bulge could be a lymph node also....well then isn't that weird that I have felt this little pop there before and this time it hurt and my neck is still aching....close to two months later..it aches more in the afernoon and evening. I really don't even feel like I can go back to her. The things she said and how she said then were rude. During the visit she had to leave to deal with something else, was gone for at least 15 min...when she came back I didn't remember everythign I had told her and I didn't want to leave something out so apparently I repeated myself and she said I was arguing with her and telling her the same thigns over? I am such a nice person...she made me feel really "little" so to speak.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Gigglesalc25 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
My last post....lol..I stated never used meds and than put she upped them ...forgot to add that my first visit with her about my neck she must of saw in my notes the several years ago when I had came in with a panic attack/anxiety~ She brought up my anxiety at the first visit I came to her about my neck...I told her I was fine I deal with it on my own. She then said so you think you lead a normal daily life and I said well I don't like to travel...and thats when the neds came in for that...I didn't even want them, that's not why I came there. No more posts for now...=) Just wanted to make sure I clarified~

Logged Logged

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Your story isn't giggle provoking.

Even though it's real and it's happening to you, having your anxiety written in your file, will follow you from now on.
I am not first hand experienced person of your troubles, but went through all this with my son.
Popping, you mentioning in your neck, he had when he was small child. We went through so many emergency visits and scanning, and nothing dr(s) found.
Slowly but surely, my son forgot about it and almost I did, too.
Then his late childhood and early adolescence came and his anxiety/panic got diagnosed.
Unbeliveably, his family doctor didn't want him in anymore for anything. Since he became: mental health department patient.
His psychiatrist never wanted to talk of getting of the psycho meds. Only option she gave was: to either increase med(s), or add some more. Unfortunately, his psychologist decided to decline my son's visits with Insurance (HMO), because there was no visible change on horizon in his way of thinking. So, psychologist said: he didn't want to waste neither his time nor our copay money, since our son (21 then) wasn't going to change his way of thinking. Our son, on the other hand was saying: "this is who I am, I can't change of who I am".
And so his visits stopped; he gradually took himself of all the meds and started tiny bit by tiny bit, accepting of who he is: not special but umique.
My suggestion would be: keep visiting your new doctors, so change them until you feel comfortable with one. See if possibly they will approve of MRI on that neck/head area.
Don't let them bring on anxiety in picture of that "newly" realized trouble of yours.
But, only you can put the end on when to stop asking for new and new tests.

Just last summer, my son kept going for some somatic isuues (to all brand new primary) and wasn't ever going to be satisfied with results. Until:? he was suggested surgical diagnosis. Guess, what? That hurts as hell, and he decided to stop bugging doctor, and slowly he forgot about his problem.
This was enough to prove that his anxiety was playing tremendous role in all the new somatic uncommonness he was convinced he had.
So, maybe, I say: maybe only, your existing annoying neck symptoms might metamorphosize, if dr(s), for example, say: they need to do surgcal diagnsosis on your neck portion of spine.

Based, on myself watching our sons "life catastrophe", I am hoping that you, too, are fine.

But, I don't know anything. Doctors do. And to them, you only, should trust.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Saturday, 18 November 2017