Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Did making healthy choices make my anxiety worse?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Did making healthy choices make my anxiety worse?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Jader (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Did making healthy choices make my anxiety worse? 4 Years, 10 Months ago  
I know smoking and drinking copious amounts of Mountain Dew caused my first panic attack. I was overstimulating my mind and body. But I also quit smoking anf caffeine cold turkey and started a low sugar diet as soon as I had my panic attack.

My question is: did I make my anxiety worse by combining the withdrawals into one powerful dose that I did permanent or long term damage to my mind? My anxiety has gotten a lot better, but I feel like I might have spared my nerves and mind some of the damage had I taken the process of quitting at a slower pace.

And has your panic attacks and anxiety turned anyone else into a health freak? Lol, I kinda consider it a blessing in disguise. A way of my body telling me, "Hey get your lazy butt up and do something!" Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Re:Did making healthy choices make my anxiety worse? 4 Years, 10 Months ago  
Jader,
often-times our question unveils what answer we are looking for.
I am saying: your healthy choices did not make your anxiety worse.
But, I am also saying: are you sure all your choices are healthy choices.
Quiting smoking, quiting alcohol drinking, quiting eating sweet, quiting drinking sodas (any sort of sodas: period!), quiting playing violent video games, quiting spending all the time on computer or similar elctronic devices would be very good healthy choices to make.
You can't make them all at once, unless God Forbid, doomsday happens to all of us at the same time.
Either, we only pick some of these or all of them, we most likely need doctors input in how to succeed.
If we were strong people we would never develop those habits in first place.
Either one or all of them came as our way of distracting our anxious behaviour when around people.
Any continuously repeated distraction becomes habit forming.
When looking back at the reasons why we become addicted to start with, we should think if we have changed the initial behaviour. If not: means we need to change it. And if we need doctor to help us do it, then there is an answer. Psychologist: of course.

My husband tried quiting smoking on his own several times without success.

Come to terms why you are considering your healthy new choices. Your decission have to have you in first place: you want to do that for yourself not for people around you. Consequently, your personal improvement will improve complete family atmosphere.
It's not uncommon that people have to come up with so drastic changes in order to quit unhealthy habits. And: physical activity always have to find its important spot in new changes.

Like, if I ever become as physically active as used to be as young girl, I might have my more attractive body back again. That would have to assume all the sugar intake to go down to zero, along with caffeine.
Hakuna matata, what a wonderful world!
Is all this realistic. Of course: not. More realistic is to do all these in steps. And to expect everything to go back at the same speed it went forward.
Which means: it takes time.
No overnight change will happen. Anxiety/panic didn't happen overnight to anyone. Trigers did. But our anxiety/panic is our life companion, just like our spouses are. The first we didn't choose, the second we did. In order to keep our marriages work we need to change, accept and/or adjust. Same in case of annoying anxiety/panic.
Our bodies are wired based on our genetics. It's not good to compare us to others nor us to times when we were once "normal". We need to work on us now and on us tomorrow. Step by step. Forget what others say, unless, of course, that other is: psychologist.
Nevermind what I am writting here, talk to yuor psychologist(s). Only they are qualified to suggest healthy routines.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Myk (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Smoking most definitely helped my panic so quitting would make it worse. I combated that fact by switching to get my nicotine. I switched to a pipe for about 2 years before wellbutrin drove me back.
Now I'm using e-cigs. I was going to go down to 0mg but I found out it helps keep ulcerative colitis in remission so now I'm trying to increase my nicotine levels and will keep it around until my diagnosis says other wise (nicotine is not good for Crohn's).

Quitting caffeine gave me a headache but definitely helped my panic instantly. Caffeine also helps migraines which I have a problem with. I try to balance the two and keep the caffeine low and slow depending on my panic levels.

Logged Logged

Cybervato (User)
graphgraph
I am sure the "detoxing" period after you change your habits can trigger anxiety. It definitely did in me. I got the caffeine headache when I cut down on my caffeinated beverages as well. A healthier lifestyle though has always been advised to decrease the stresses that cause anxiety.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017