Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
A fear of exercise?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: A fear of exercise?

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Jader (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
A fear of exercise? 5 Years ago  
Hello all! I haven't posted on here in a while, but that is a good thing because I haven't had a very serious panic attack in two months! There have been a couple of close calls, and I deal with my anxiety every day, but other than that life is going well.

I have been dieting, have quit smoking for two months now, and there's only one obstacle I find myself unable to cross: exercise.

I joined a gym because I read all the amazing benefits of exercise for stress, depression, and anxiety. I started doing cardio and lifting, but I discovered that the key thing I worry about with my anxiety is the health of my heart.

So when my heart rate starts climbing, I start getting that same old dialogue between my anxiety and the rational part of my brain.

"Are you sure your heart can take this? Remember what happened last time you had a panic attack?"

"I'll be fine. The doctor said I am okay to exercise and my heart is just fine. Stop it."

"Yes but, you never know. Something might go wrong. You might work your heart too hard and IT'LL EXPLODE OR SOMETHING!"

"....Really? Oh crap..."

So is it a fear of exercise or a fear of a rapid heart rate? This is what I'm trying to figure out, and I hope my fellow Panic Survivors can help me out with this issue. My logic knows exercise is good for me and my anxiety, but my anxiety seems to have convinced me otherwise. Thank you all.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Azmom (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
Re:A fear of exercise? 5 Years ago  
So frustrating...I know. Took me a while to get used to it again. I would start to get dizzy. I just started of slow with walks. Still haven't pushed too much.

Glad things have been going well

Azmom

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Jader (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Azmom wrote:
So frustrating...I know. Took me a while to get used to it again. I would start to get dizzy. I just started of slow with walks. Still haven't pushed too much.

Glad things have been going well

Azmom

Thank you. I hope all is going well for you too!

It's mostly just the cardio I have problems with. Lifting weights doesn't make my heart rate go up terribly much, but when I start jogging on the treadmill it kinda gets ridiculous.

I'll probably just start off with walks outside followed by a light jog.

Logged Logged

Myk (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
I know people say it helps but exercise does me no good. It's not because of my heart, it's because exercise gets the bowels working and I think that is where my panic has always been tied to.
Even walking hurts my back.

I have started Yoga and so far that seems OK.

Logged Logged

Azmom (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
I definitely like walking outside better than inside on a treadmill!!!!

Logged Logged

Mayan (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Anything that increases my heart rate or makes me hot makes me anxious. For the longest time I couldn't go on a treadmill or get my heart rate up because I associated fast heart beats with anxiety and as soon as I would start to increase my heart rate I would get scared and get off the treadmill. The best way to do it is to go super slow. Work your way up. Walk the slowest pace you can and allow yourself to realize that you are safe and day by day increase your pace.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017