Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
New to panic Attacks
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: New to panic Attacks

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
AustinA20 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
New to panic Attacks 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hi am 24 year old. I am a father and a husband and have started having real bad panic attacks to where I am afraid to leave the house. I get so nervous in my stomach to where I actually i am anticipating an attack. I have been on Zoloft for 6 weeks 100mg and can tell a big difference. However i still get the feeling in my stomach that i am going to be sick but not as bad and not as much. I have been making myself go into places that normally would make me panic just to try to prove to myself i can do it. i also have been going to the therapist every 2 weeks. Do you think i need to talk to my dr. about increasing my dose or give it more time? I am new to these i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:New to panic Attacks 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
I'll place few words of how it went with our son: he was (5 years ago-at his 19) put on Zoloft and his dose was suggested to be increasing pretty rapidly to come to 100mg a day. His Insomnia was worsening with heightened dose.
Then sleeping pills were prescribed. One by one and soon none worked. When he was brought up to 150mg of Zoloft a day he ended up in emergency. Actually two times we went to ER. Then we decided to take 100mg in morning and 50mg in evening.
Soon, we realized evening dose isn't doing any good so he weaned himself of the evening dose. Soon he started weaning himself of the morning dose as well. It wasn't easy. It took him more than 2 months once he weaned himself completely off of it to loose the jittery movements it was causing it in his body and especially in his muscles.
His diagnose(s) was(were) panic, anxiety, OCD, BDD, Insomnia, GAD and some.
He had, in the meantime, (while on Zoloft) been prescribed some others, like Seroquel, Trazodone and some others. Nothing was doing him any good. We got especially suspicious when psychiatrist (young girl) started telling to us how she gives those to her kids. It was obvious that she could not have kids big enough for those meds so her main purpose was to find someone who doesn't understand and who would blindly follow her instructions so she can get her commision from farmacy.
Our son is not on anything right now except on NeuroSleep that helps him sometimes but not always. He is not cured, and someone who inherits anxious genes, may not expect to be.
The trick is to find what changes person needs to make in its life to be able to handle anxious life while earning its living.
I would love to hear successful stories from people who are relying on psychiatric meds to be able to work full time away from home and earn living for the family.
Especially at times like these.
Don't forget you need to include tons of physical activities at that age, you need to have your body drips sweat at least 10hrs a day in order to waste all that extra adrenalin.
No raising your voice at your child nor at your wife, instead go swimming at least an hour a day every day plus running at least 30 -45 minutes a day and some other men' exercises in fitness places.
I leave around five in the morning to my work and at that early hours even at temps under 32F, there are people running, jogging. I doubt they rely on meds to calm them down.
And one more thing: take sweets out of your menu as well as any soda or drinks that are artificially colored.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017