Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Meditating to stop panic attacks
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Meditating to stop panic attacks

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
2Percent (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Meditating to stop panic attacks 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
Well this worked for me, not everytime obviously im still having issues but it did work for me so its a work in progress.

I am in a loop where i cant sleep because of high anxiety. The closer it gets to 3am the more anxiety i get because i have to get up a 6am for work. Its just a perfect storm, its ruining my life! So i read about meditation. So i tried it and it worked! It took me about 30 minutes or maybe it was an hour of laying there on the couch in the dark trying, but to my complete surprise it brought my extreme panic completely down and almost put me to sleep. It worked better than any pill out there. I did not fall asleep but the "calm" i had achieved lasted for the rest of the day at work as well. It basically brought my nervous system back down and reset it.

Since that time i have tried it once more, on a night at 3am with no sleep when ive felt my anxiety level start to rise close to a full blown panic attack. It worked again! it did not put me to sleep but it brought me down to a normal level. I am now convinced that i can beat this thing with meditation. I am going to get a book on meditation and put more effort into it. I sat outside yesterday in a quiet place in the sun and meditated for 15 minutes around 4pm (thats the time i start to get anxious about night coming) and last night i slept from 10 to 6am. That is a miracle for me.

I am now curious if you became really good at meditation, no matter where you are at when the panic attack hits couldn't you just slip into meditation for 5 minutes and calm your mind and body down to get rid of it? I am going to try to learn as much as i can about meditation. It is VERY hard though when my anxiety level reaches that point of no return to sit down and try to meditate when all im thinking is i need to RUN.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Re:Meditating to stop panic attacks 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
You'll be fine again...
The very fact you are looking for the help is good enough a guaranty you'll beat your disorder.
If meditation works for you, great, just do more of it, more often, and at good times to bring your sleep to you. At the times when meditation "fails", don't worry, something else will be sent from God your way.
I would suggest some sort of phisycal activity, maybe swimming at early evening hours followed by the meditation afterward.
Stay away from: sweet, cafeine, soda.
Introduce to your intake some B-complex at early evening hours to be taken along with some herbal sedatives at your actual time to fall asleep..
Don't forget that you are still: the father, the husband and the provider for the family. If, you are having meltdowns in figuring out you priorities, ask your wife to help you out. Talk to your wife about everything, after all she wowed her life to better for both of you.
If your disorder came that early in your life your roots are in your previous family. So bear that in mind, that what made you feared before no longer is part of your existing immediate family.
If it's proved to be genetically inherited, you can not change any of it now or ever: just confide in your wife and ask her to help you beat it together.
There is no shame in asking for help if the help benefits all the family.
Try to not pitty yourself nor to look for pitty points from others. Panic is manageable at high rate of success, as long as you are OK at accepting that it doesn't have to work every time. This said: there can be: plan A, plan B, plan X. Medications do help calming you down, but they do bring other situations along. Like: ED or weight gain, anger issues or so, which triggers depression along the line.
You don't have to say all the details to everyone involved in your life: extended family, coworkers, your boss or so, but you can hint them that your nervousness level raised and you are working your way in figuring out the details and help. That way, you are not going to get anxiety raised just fearing what's going to happen if people around you find out. Give them some pieces of information enough not to worry if you end up taking some extra days off or calling in sick. Living with the big secret is sometimes enough of reason for anxietey to boost. There do exist centers for meditation, and you might sign for like 6 months program and see for yourself how it works. Even if you end up signing for family program along with your wife. It might rejuvenate your life and bring out new youth in both of you. What a better victory one can wish for?
concernedmom

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

2Percent (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Thanks for the help, gosh its nice to hear from others that deal with this. I feel so isolated when your surrounded by "normal" people all day. Lol

Logged Logged

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Welcome 2Percent Wonderful advice from concernedmom. Rest assured, with practice you will be able to overcome panic with deep breathing and meditation no matter where you are. Continue reading and practicing, you're doing great . . . hugs

Logged Logged

Irish (User)
graphgraph
Whatever works for you works and unless it stops working for you stay with it. You have the crux of the problem at hand which is anxiety disorder. That and that alone brings on all the symptoms. We are all different, but we have one thing in common which is the anxiety disorder. It doesn't function right with us so stay with lowering the anxiety as much as you can and you will always find the other things (symptoms) will relax. Meditation is a biggie for lowering anxiety. Take care.....Ed

Logged Logged

2Percent (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Meditating to stop panic attacks 5 Years, 4 Months ago  
Well, its been a month i think now. Still meditating every night. Ive realized i cant beat this with meditation, meditation is just a good way to calm myself when i need it. From what im learning through a 16 week course at the panic disorders clinic im going to is the goal is not to beat panic, but to change the way you think and deal with it. The panic attack basically beats you? Im still learning. Oh and now im messed up on xanex thats always nice.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Thursday, 23 November 2017