Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Anxiety or Lazy
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: Anxiety or Lazy

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Julz (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Anxiety or Lazy 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
Are you ever called lazy?

Some people think anxiety is just an excuse to be lazy.

Why don't other people understand that I have to do more to keep my stress and anxiety in order?

Anxiety zaps so much energy.

How do you ask for help without being "labeled"?

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Re:Anxiety or Lazy 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
The post and its comments on "Home" page
Our PS member AdiMoon, posted nice post under the title of: "Pass Through Panic". It got great comment, and if you did not read it yet, might be good choice to do so.
There is a lot of valuable posts throughout this site, but this (titled) recent one, really got my attention with its' key word in it: (which you will find what the word is, while reading...)

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Julz (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
I read the post by AdMoon. I actually have bought it from amazon myself.

How do I ask for help from people that view listening to that as lazy?

Logged Logged

concernedmom (User)
graphgraph
Tough question you have here
The best helper to you and anyone that suffers from panic and anxiety is: YOU or the particular sufferer.
Learning about it, which by now for all these years, you had learned a lot, will help you accept the fact: it is anxiety and it will last and pass. Once it passes, you are back to "capable" living, on hour to hour or day to day basis.

Managing it, is easier using meds and through talk therapy, if you can afford it.

If others try to help you any way they think feasible, chances are: it doesn't fit your criteria.
Every person is unique and helping to that person requires unique approach.

Have you tried listening to those tapes at times when others aren't around?

And: lastly: what if they call you: Lazy!?
You aren't lazy, you know it. It matters what you think of your condition, not what others think about it.
Your body has its own "computerized" senses, and anyone calling it: "being lazy" or having difficult disorder to strugle with, will not change how you "accept" living with it.

I am in position to be able to use a lot of "shoulds" here, but am trying avoiding it.

Try to separate the facts of your disorder from anyone's opinion about it. And from then on: work on learning how to live and deal with the facts of this illness. Yes, it is art: how to?
But, people, here, described it in so many posts. So: it is possiible. Does not work immediately and does not work always, but it works in the end.

Have those others around you, "enjoy" the "beauty" of their opinions for themselves.
Because, any change that you wish happen toward the normalizing of your life, can only come from within you.

Logged Logged

Julz (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Thank you for your response.

I know I am not lazy. I see myself working hard to stay in control of my mind and body.

I miss having someone in my life who understands, or tries to. My mother was so helpful for me. She never lied to me, she never enabled me; instead she always tried to understand what I was going through. She passed away 13 years ago. I am now 39 years young. I want to be part of my family but they go about their lives and I feel alone.
I wish I had someone in my life that wanted to assist me when my anxiety is severe. My husband helps, but he thinks he's enabling me.

Logged Logged

Irish (User)
graphgraph
This is a very invisible disorder we all share and it can be very debilitating. Being called lazy is a very common complaint because so much effor is being used against it and so much panic and fear is being generated by it. It's severe and no one who has never had it can ever pretend to know what you are talking about. Only us on this site who share it with you. Remember, it takes one to know one and if your family or husband or anyone are not qualified by having this disorder then they will never know. Take care.....Ed

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017