Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Gave up Facebook
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Gave up Facebook

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
sunshinelady (User)
Newbie Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Gave up Facebook 6 Years, 4 Months ago  
Not a huge fan of Facebook either. I just don't get it how people have 600 friends? It doesn't seem real to me or especially intriguing. Then again I am in my 40's so maybe it's for the younger generation.

Oh the glories of middle age

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Stardusta (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Gave up Facebook 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
I have just too given up facebook. It was becoming really unhealthy for me - when I finally realised that I didn't need to be getting upset in my own loungeroom from the bitching etc that goes on there - I found it got way too gossipy and I wanted nothing to do with it. For the past three years i've spent up to 3 to 4 hours on there and then on my phone when i'm at work.

It actually feels liberating to be free of the beast and not using it as a way to communicate with people. I was actually surprised at the people who now ring or text me and that I am moving toward actually interacting with people and not hiding behind a computer.

Good luck - it is important to concentrate on ourselves and do project ME!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

ds124 (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Gave up Facebook 6 Years, 2 Months ago  
kind of funny(ironically), if you ever read the "the stand", it discusses walking a long journey where you could easily get from a to b in a car...a with the austrailian walkabouts and the prophets in the bible going in the woods for 40 days and 40 nights, it takes time for you to stop missing the meaningless stuff you miss....its thought provoking of how much(or little) we would actually miss at the end of a "walkabout"

ive made a conscious effort(especially when IT flares) to not pop a 1mg zannie and auto flipping on the tv or farting around on the net(facebook included) and instead fiddle with a small water pond im working on or a very rudimentary red neck version of a rock garden

just ramblin i guess

Logged Logged

PowayMermaid (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Gave up Facebook 6 Years, 1 Month ago  
Congratulations! I have to admit to being a tad envious though... I've always talked myself out of deleting my facebook account, even though sometimes I think I really should. Maybe one day...

Logged Logged

sweetmama (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Gave up Facebook 6 Years, 1 Month ago  
I went through my FB list and "unfriended" over 150 people. Still have another wave to do but just couldn't handle much more at that point. I think streamlining our friends list is good.

It gets the braggers out. It gets those who may thrive on our disappointments out.

I am very handy with the unfriend button now and don't think twice about using it.

I still cruise FB because my five teens and my entire family is on there but I now am in control of who is putting what in front of my face.

I am also no longer allowing others to dictate what I post on there. If I want to post that I am having a bad day, I will. That's what friends are supposed to be for is support and those who do not want to support can use their own little unfriend button and just delete me if they want to!

Logged Logged

JackFive (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Gave up Facebook 5 Years, 1 Month ago  
Well, it is good that you were just being yourself, and you deleted your account just like you wanted to.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Wednesday, 22 November 2017