Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Gave up Facebook
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Gave up Facebook

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
jennybean (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gave up Facebook 6 Years, 6 Months ago  
I didn't really know where to post this but here goes. I deactivated my Facebook account tonight. Facebook became an obsession and over time got me down. I would hop on it and get slapped in the face with statuses of people bragging about their lives. I read about the lavish trips they were taking, the "cute" things their kids were doing, the parties they were going too, and how their lives were just so damn perfect. It made me jealous. I want that! The whole Facebook thing is a car wreck. I know if I look I will get disgusted but I do anyway. Maybe I'm a masochist The last six months have been hell with some family issues. Three months ago my husband and I decided to move back home after 8 years in CO. The move has been more of an adjustment than I thought it would be. My anxiety was under control but lately it has been rearing it's ugly head. I will not let this happen again so I made a commitment to myself today. I am starting a new chapter of my life with a new home and a new job. I need to concentrate on a new me. I want to improve my health and well being. I want to experience things that make ME happy. I have spent too many years holding myself back due to my anxiety. I don't need to envy my Facebook "friends" . That doesn't do me a lick of good. So, my friends, here is to my first step toward project ME!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
Irish (User)
graphgraph
Re:Gave up Facebook 6 Years, 6 Months ago  
Without project ME, there can be no other project as you have to be number 1 to be worth anything to anyone else. Good luck on your new adjustments and your new concentration on anti-anxiety. Doing this and dropping facebook are definitely steps in the right direction. Also, thanks for popping bace in. lol. Now we need maybe 20 more to return. Take care.....Ed

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Hi jennybean -

That's a hard thing to do and I'm impressed!! Facebook can so easily get us hooked into it's culture. I have to take serious breaks, and really limit my time on there.

This road to recovery from Panic & Anxiety always (for me anyway) seems to get back to basics.

I need to move my body into the world, and while I'm doing that I need to take care of it.

So exercise, creative activities, good food and lots of water... these things really bring me back to a place of calmness and certitude. And from there I can live that life I really want.

Good luck to you on Project ME!

Ceejay

Logged Logged

Cybervato (User)
graphgraph
Go Jenny!!!!

Logged Logged

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
Re:Gave up Facebook 6 Years, 5 Months ago  
Congratulations on recognizing what you need to do to move forward. I have also recently stepped back and away from the internet to rest, regroup, and recharge. God's blessings on the new move and the new home and the new you!

Logged Logged

tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:Gave up Facebook 6 Years, 5 Months ago  
I hear ya. I also stepped back from Facebook. Deleted a lot of apps. and streamlined my friends list. I go there only once in a blue moon and only when family sends pics and tag me. When I feel like exposing myself I say a mass hello and update everyone using my status bar and that's it.
I wish for you the best with your new life chapter. Take your time on your project me. We'll be here if you need our support . . . hugs

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017