Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
I Gave Up the Victim Mentality
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I Gave Up the Victim Mentality

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I Gave Up the Victim Mentality 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
Just wanted to share how refusing to see myself as a victim has really improved my thought life and helped me to enjoy the blessings God has given me so that I no longer see myself as defective or worthless or that nothing good happens to me. That constant pressure of being on guard in my relationships, afraid that people would see me in the negative light I saw myself in brought on much of the anxiety that I suffered with. I never realized how much the abuse I suffered in my childhood affected my mentality. Once I began paying attention to what I was telling myself and how I was behaving as a result, I saw immediately how having a victim mentality was distorting my vision and keeping me in a mental prison of negativity, self-doubt, and condemnation.

It has taken hard work and perserverance to break free of my firmly entrenched victim mentatlity. Staying in constant communication with God and trusting in what His Word has to say about me has helped me break free of negativity, self-loathing, and self-pity. In Ephesians alone, I am told that I am accepted, adopted, blessed, chosen, forgiven, loved, and redeemed. I am not that little girl who was despised and rejected so long ago.

Discovering who I am in Christ Jesus helped to shatter the old self-perception. I am still amazed that as I facilitate Bible studies at my church, I no longer obsess about being criticized or that I might say or do something that would cause the ladies in the group to reject me. I put my hope and trust in God and His leading before each session, and I have confidence.

Losing that old victim mentality helped neutralize many of the triggers of anxiety and panic in my life.

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

Last Edit: 2011/02/16 19:40 By
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaTools::whoisID() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 316
4Him.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:I Gave Up the Victim Mentality 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
Thank you for sharing. I also suffered from self-doubt and negativity based on a skewed view of others judging me. Thank you for sharing scripture references for us to read and study should we want or need to. I've found a great need recently and it's been helping . . . hugs

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
Re:I Gave Up the Victim Mentality 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
So glad to hear you are being helped. Something that I try to keep in my mind at all times is that God is not against me but for me. He is not keeping track of my mistakes because as soon as I ask for forgiveness, He wipes the slate clean. He is keeping track of the times I believe Him and act accordingly and He credits my belief in Him, my faith, as righteousness. See Romans 4. He is not looking for perfection--hallelujah! He is looking for a heart that loves Him.

Logged Logged

rogermac (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:I Gave Up the Victim Mentality 6 Years, 6 Months ago  
Yeah I guess once you realize that you're the only one who can actually make a change, then all patterns of victimization and feeling inferior etc... become evident and easier to erase or work on. It can definitely change the course of things.

Logged Logged

eduardo (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Dude this is an awesome thread.
I agree with what you say because I believe that a victim mentality is a main cause in every sickness & worrying feeling in life.

once I started looking to be responsible for my life
I found new powers and started getting awesome results in the things i do.

keep up the spirit!

Logged Logged

jennybean (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Thank you so much for that enlightening post, 4Him. I never thought of my low self esteem and negativity as a "victim mentality" but it is! Maybe if I took my life by the horns and refused to let my fears get the best of me, I could enjoy life instead of being so negative and grumpy all the time.

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Monday, 20 November 2017