Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Gratitude

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gratitude 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
I've long known that having an attitude of gratitude lowers my panic and anxiety.

And, I have a friend who got a Masters in Positive Psychology and she has shared research with me that proves that point scientifically. So yay!

She shares this link: www.npr.org/2010/12/26/132263637/perfect...felt-and-handwritten and says:

"Read or listen to this story. Positive psychology research supports similar "gratitude" practices as effective ways to sustain elevated moods, lower anxiety and manage depression. Maybe that's why teaching children to express thanks remains a time-honored "Best Practice" of Mothers. Expressing gratitude is good for our mental health!"

So take up some paper and a pen ... and write a thank you note, and start to feel better!!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139
tsuki (Admin)
Administrator
graphgraph
Re:Gratitude 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi Ceejay, thanks for sharing. What a wonderful way to start the New Year! I remember attending a 2-day leadership seminar so many years back and was given "homework" to write thank you notes to our employees and associates who have helped in our success. The attitudes of the recipients towards work and myself were positively changed forever after. I resolve to do the same and write notes to thank my dear family and friends for love and support . . . hugs

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

4Him (Admin)
graphgraph
Last year I tried to write down ten things I was thankful for before going to bed every night but did not keep up the practice. This post reminded me of it. I think I will try to do it again for 2011.

Logged Logged

ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
4Him - try 5!

This is an excellent practice!

Logged Logged

Nacie (User)
Watching Survivor
graphgraph
Re:Gratitude 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
Wow! While reading this, I immediately got my cards out. I just wrote 5 thank you cards and plan to send/hand them out today. I know it will take practice and doing this consistently, but just the 5 cards I already did has made me feel different...softer maybe? LOL Thank you!! I think this is going to work out great.

Logged Logged

ceejay (Admin)
Administrator
graph
Re:Gratitude 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
So often it has been doing something small, but tangible, that has given me a sense of peace and quiet.

Writing cards, making gratitude lists, cleaning out one drawer, arranging the shoes int he floor of my closet ... anything really!

Gratitude that I can do some small thing. It is a seed that grows and bears much good fruit!

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Wednesday, 22 November 2017