Home arrow Survivor Forums

Panic Survivor Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 443

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 979

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::getEmoticons() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 37
HOW-TO: Posting a picture to a forum
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: HOW-TO: Posting a picture to a forum

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileParserCallback() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 139

Bloodclot (User)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
HOW-TO: Posting a picture to a forum 10 Years ago  
Hey everybody. Some of us thought it would be a good idea to have a step-by-step how-to for some things in this new version of PS, so here's how to add a picture to a forum message:

My favourite way is to just post a picture URL. All of my pictures are hosted on Flickr, but you can also use Photobucket or a bunch of other similar sites that will let you keep all of your pictures in one accessible place. I definitely recommend it.

If you do have your pictures posted there, what you need to do is start a new message by clicking "REPLY TOPIC" near the bottom. Don't use the "QUICK REPLY" for this, it's just too much trouble.

When the new message screen comes up you'll see it looks like a small Word Processor. You can type whatever you'd like in the body and then where you'd like to insert a picture, click the "Img" button near the top:

that will insert this text:
"{img size=150}{/img}" except with regular square brackets. (I'm too lazy to look up how to make them show)

All you need to do now is open a new browser window and look at the picture you want on your flickr etc account, right click on the pic and select "View Image" this will give you a page with just your picture on it. Highlight the URL at the top of the page:

then hit "ctrl" and "C" on your keyboard. This copies the URL and you can go back to your message. Click the pointer right between "{img size=150}" and "{/img} and press "ctrl" and "V" on your keyboard. This will insert the URL.

If you like, you can mess around with the size a little by changing the number where you see "size=150". Play around changing it up or down until the picture looks the way you want.

The other way to insert a picture is by uploading it directly from your computer. To do this, type whatever text you would like, then click the "Browse" button right under the text box and next to "Select Image file to attach"

This will open up a box that will let you find the picture on your computer. When you have found it, click on it and press "Open"

As far as I know, though, using this method will just put a picture at the bottom of the post, you can't put writing before and after it like you see in this guide. Click Submit at the bottom and Bob's your uncle.

Those are the basics, definitely play around with things and you'll get the hang of it in no time.
Any questions or suggestions, just post to this thread

bc

Post edited by: Bloodclot, at: 2007/10/31 12:51<br><br>Post edited by: Bloodclot, at: 2007/10/31 13:01

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 525

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::fbHtmlSafe() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 947

Strict Standards: Non-static method smile::smileReplace() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 954

lovestosing (User)
Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Re:HOW-TO: Posting a picture to a forum 10 Years ago  
Thank you!

Logged Logged
Strict Standards: Non-static method CKunenaLink::GetMessageIPLink() should not be called statically in /home/panicsur/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/default/message.php on line 303

CatWoman (User)
Major Contributing Survivor
graphgraph
Ok. I think I've worked it out. To upload multiple photos in one post by using the Img button - the images have to first be hosted online. You can't get them straight off your C drive.

Whereas using the browse button to search your computer uploads the image to this site, and this site then becomes the host for the images from my computer's C drive.

So if I want to get several photos straight off my computer then I have to do several separate posts.

Sound right???

Logged Logged

Bloodclot (User)
graphgraph
yep, i'm pretty sure that's right.

Logged Logged

cedar (User)
graphgraph
Thanks BC great explaination!

Logged Logged

Bloodclot (User)
graphgraph
My pleasure

Logged Logged

Go to top

SHOUT!

Latest Message: 1 year, 9 months ago
  • tsuki : Welcome Steve, I have sent you a private message. Hope your day is going well Smile
  • Steve G : Can someone please tell me how to post a blog?
  • tsuki : Welcome to PS, Anara Smile
  • tsuki : Yes, sorry sad
  • Pro42 : Blogs are still down I see sad
  • tsuki : Thanks Draydon, Happy New Year to you too!
  • draydon : Happy New Year everyone!
  • tsuki : Enjoy the season!  May it be stress-free Smile
  • tsuki : I hope everyone had a wonderful and stress free Thanksgiving celebration Smile
  • tsuki : Welcome Glitter! Sorry no one was here to chat.
Please Login to shout..

Who's Online

No Members Online.
Wednesday, 22 November 2017